Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Promise!

All around me is pure, glistening white,
The symbol of true love, peace and joy,
The kind that seemed just a dream till now
The kind of thing for which, one would cry
Unable to believe my luck I yearn
To meet him again and truly learn
That what he said was not a fantasy of mine
He really did blush over cake and wine
And said what I hope he must have said
The words I keep dreaming of in my bed
To meet him again to let him know
That I was too stunned then to show
How much I truly care for him
How dear are his every little whim
To tell him once and for all
I love you a lot and will love you for
As long as I shall ever live
And shall give you all I have to give
Just make sure you shall never hurt
By being mean, rude or curt
And shall always caress me in those tender arms
And see to it that I come to no harm
That promise I promise shall make me wild
And I shall be yours till the day I close my eye

1 comment:

brat said...

your poetry is real real good... if u havent thought of publishing yet, seriously do.....