Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hope for freedom!

As my exams breathe ever so low down on my neck,
I do little but sit and sigh
At the mountain of work I've to pave through
For which, no interest I have, deep inside
I wish I were but far away
With no book, no note to trouble my mind
Run free, i could, in the wild ways of time
Grabbing at all wayside pleasures I could find!
Frolicking around and drinking in the sights
Letting myself go where I willed,
Pinching myself to believe my luck
And fearing my this dream being killed.
For it is one I'd live a thousand times over
After all, for that very joy, don't we all endevor?
Freedom, thou art such a distant dream
One that I can't seem to even remember much
For we never quite know what we're running away from
Messed up, our lives, really are such
That we look yonder for every ray of hope
A dream of tomorrow, to help us cope
With the miseries of today, be they any size or shape
Sheets of hope, over them, we do drape
And that is the sheer beauty of man
To not want what you got,
And think yourself brave for it
As you learn to live with the meager blessings of now
You keep the strength to hope for more tomorrow
In a bid to make our lives, more the worth it!

No comments: