Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A little dream...

On one of my many journeys into realms unknown
My mind halts at the thought of a time ahead
When life’s a whole lot different and yet the same
To different places, but same people my heart led
I saw an older me sitting with my 4 oldest chums
Still creating a ruckus over a sale in monopoly
With care for nothing but our joys
We remain close, robust and jolly!
Soon we are joined by my college buds
Who amble in smirking at their own poor jokes
Ready to ridicule our childish pastime
And a sense of annoyance, in us, evoke!
And true to legend, this happens in a land far far away
One of their houses, nothing like their present
For adorning the walls are frames of people
I don’t recognize, no matter the time spent
We all seem familiar and yet so unknown
With her high-end job and his young son
It seems almost impossible that we are the same
That we still, all those years down, belong!
And as a smile creeps onto my lips
I send a quick prayer to the heavens above
That may this little dream actually come true
That nothing hurts our friendship and love!

No comments: