Thursday, September 4, 2008

In memory of a friend

In those days of my sullen past,
He brought the warmth of the sun
Retaught me how to live to smile
And we sure did have a lot of fun

But then came those times of darkness
Where neither could see where the next step should be
And as fate would have it, we trod on paths
That were as opposed as they could be

After excruciating moments of but pain
And months of wanting to let go
Misery disentangled from my mind
But I had no friend left to show

He lays lost to me now
And I don't quite regret the fact
I thank the Lord for giving me him
And promise to keep those cherished memories intact.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what ever happened to your friend my dear?

Adi said...

Hey! Nice to see you after long... well, like the poem says...I just lost him...

Anonymous said...

hmmmm life is such... nothing is permanent. letz catchup sometime when you are free.