Friday, April 29, 2011

A few weeks to graduation...

So much has come and gone, a blur,
So much of it one shall hardly miss
Yet smile we shall at the ones we do
For they were moments of such silly bliss!
From walking into foreign land
And feeling right at home so soon
And living in a home that's pure mad
Exactly like you, was the ultimate boon!
In she walked all mighty and short,
With bossiness that alcohol did douse
And sweet affection for my silly whims
And all that yummy food we cooked to gorge!
The curse of the small continued to me follow
As the pint-size 'freakishly strong' I did meet
Boy! Do I curse that ill-fated foam party
That lead to many, no wait, all that I tweet
Then life caught up as others came by
But lost in work or at least trying to be, was I
So I'll spare you details of the mad men as they be
And even of the new fantastic sights I got to see
Instead I'll speak of what is to come
Of me and life, what is to become
I might part ways with this charmed life as it be
But new joys beckon, ones I can't wait to see
Although it has been a joyride with bumps on the way
Let's move on with life Charlie, is what I'd say!
And the happy times shall stay with me for evermore
For I take them to the kids, like good old lore!

2 comments:

Dham said...

Sure! celebrate enjoy and party on.Have you heard of austerity in celebrations? There are other souls in this world too! and no we do not live the American Dream, we are still confused and stumbling along, spare the happiness bring the ennui.

Adi said...

Hahahaa!!!!! Don't worry Dham, the part I have not mentioned is how austerity is forced upon us students thanks to lack of income :)