Monday, May 12, 2008

It's been long...

It's been awhile since I wrote a word
But it's so hard for me to form just one line
As my mind meanders in roads a many
To sit back and breathe, it has no time.
With a whirl of colors, life's swept me by
Each color a sign of new beginnings
And as I rushed eagerly to try my hand
At all, I had but the thought of winning
And so I've striven hard to play them all well
And emerge the champion at all I did
But so lost I was in this race for life
That I almost forgot to let my mind in peace, sit.
So, weathered by the pressures from all around
My mind rebelled the shackles that bound
And slipped into times of lazy bliss
Until, this poem I didn't give a miss!
And for those that wonder about my fate
At the games of life, alas you must wait
For until this mental strike does end
Towards my goal of winning, I can't my mind bend!

No comments: