Thursday, May 15, 2008

What's to blog?!

Have erected a bald patch on my head with all the scratching in an attempt to find something to blog in here... I tell myself that it is high time that I satisfied the itch in my hand to write something but somehow, that itch seems not to have found its way to my foolish brain yet! And then, the lazier part of me wonders why is it that I must write anyway? This ain't no moneymaking site I ain't no big 'celebrity' whose blog is a piece of literary art by default!

Talking of celebrities and literary arts, what is it with this new fad of well-known personalities being paid to write their apparent 'thoughts'?! Like they weren't over-exposed enough! They use it as a convenient medium for further publicity and sadly, there are enough naive, mesmerized people to lap it all up! Be it someone taking potshots at some one (in the most politically correct way possible) or others profiling minute details of action on the sets to promote interest in the film, the literary media is being insulted by this blatant abuse!

Although me lamenting my distress is as good as me crying 'wolf' in today's age of manipulative marketing. It's all a question of who fools whom better... The better the packaging, the lesser queries about the actual product, isn't it? So why blame celebrities for riding the wave? They do it best anyway so why not cash in on this wave riding their turf? Responsible media and social etiquette are things of the past... sigh!

And if the trivial descriptions of the life of a star entertains some, why not? It just might bring that elusive smile to someone's face... social work in a way, eh? Win-win situation for everyone around... so what if literature and journalism lies mutilated somewhere? They are blessed enough to be inanimate so it can't be that much of a pain to them thankfully!

2 comments:

brat said...

i thought only i went into hibernation(tho, for the lack of internet connectivity, and not the lack of bullshit to blog;-
) )... not bad even u havent blogged since jan, great....

Anonymous said...

hmmmm i guess you need a break honey